Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Olivia



Olivia is a blessing to me every day and I thank my Heavenly Father for sending me her and Malaki. We've had a few learning opportunities this week and I had to write them before I forget.
Sparkles our cat disappeared Sunday and Olivia was very upset that Sparkles was missing and I talked to her about praying for help. We added Sparkles to our family prayer and the next morning I added my own to please let Olivia's kitty come back. Well, late Monday night, I had just returned from the store and here comes our kitty, very slowly up to our home. I could tell right away that our kitty was in pain and just not herself. Olivia is over the moon and said, Heavenly Father answered my prayers, making a mother proud. This afternoon (Tues) Olivia and I took her to the vet and after knocking her out and shaving her tummy (where she acted the most sensitive) it is believed that she was injured by a dog bite because you can see bruising. She's getting better and I'm sure in a few days, she will be back to her old self again.

Tonight Olivia and I had the following conversation:
O: mom, do people keep babies?
M: (thinking, what is this child asking and what has she learned)yes, people keep their babies.
O: grandma didn't keep you and you belong to me
M: (laughing under my breath) well, I grew up and I left grandmas house so I could be your mommy.
the rest of the conversation was about how her grandma was my mommy, it's a common topic around our house.

I thought I could pull a fast one on Olivia and give her car seat to Malaki. My plan was to get a new car seat cover (many thanks to Katherine) and then the transition would go smoothly. All was good until Olivia looked at the straps and said, "hey, that's my car seat". Thank goodness she doesn't mind sharing (at least at this moment). Also, I think the "new brother" thing is wearing thin for her. Now that Malaki has turned into a "grabber" and touches her things, she's not so much enjoying him. At least she's not hitting him (yet)!

1 comment:

Braunersrither Family said...

Those are the cutest stories! Those are the moments that make motherhood all worth it! Thanks for sharing, I wish I had a blog when my kids were little I didn't keep a journal and I don't remember most of those sweet moments anymore. Tricia