Thursday, December 18, 2008

Malaki Update

My sweet little guy did so well. Yesterday (Wednesday) was a long day for us all but he looks wonderful! He's eating like a champ already and I've even gotten a little smile out of him once or twice. The stitches come out on Monday but he'll have to wear arm bands (called no nos) for 6 weeks to prevent him from touching his mouth. Olivia is very concerned about his mouth and wanted to know what "those black dots were". We explained that the doctor fixed his hole and those "black dots" were called stitches. She's loves her brother and gave him a sweet kiss on his head and reminds us all to "not touch his mouth".

Here he is waiting for his turn. They gave him this cute shirt to wear that says the hospital's name on it. By the time this picture was taken Malaki was very hungry and it was another hour before they took him back. It was very hard to hand him over but it was well worth it!

This was taken tonight when we got home, so a little over 1 day post op. I love his new little mouth.

I love his new profile, can you tell that I just love this kid?

6 comments:

daisy lynn said...

AAHHH! Seeing those stitches just makes my stomach turn! We love you Malaki and hope you heal fast. You are such a sweet little boy and we feel so blessed to be your friend. Hugs and kisses, Jen

The Toodles Gal said...

Ahhhhhhh!!!!!! Kari!!! I can't believe how awesome he looks!!! What a blessing to live in a time when these things are possible. I have to say I'll miss his "old" face. He's such a special kid no matter. I hope you're doing well too. Let me know if you need anything...food, company...whatever.

Craziest Cottrell said...

He looks so different! I can't believe that it's the same kid! I hope that you are all doing well since I talked with you this morning. Thanks for letting me know about the pictures, I love to see your cute little kids!

Mona Hamblin said...

Wow, he looks so different. I need to come over and visit you, hope all is going good.
Mona

The Poulsen Five said...

Kari,
I am so glad for the update! Hope all continues to go well for you. Keep in touch!
Larisa
familypoulsen.blogspot.com

Miss Sue said...

what a true blessing. He is even more handsome, if thats even possible. Did they shave his hair as well? I don't remember it so short.