Saturday, April 19, 2008

Walk with Christ

One of my callings at church is on the Enrichment committee and for our quarterly dinner we did a Walk with Christ program. It's set up as a walking tour and we just used rooms in the church.

Room 1: The Nativity
Decor: crates, cloth, animals, basin of water
Scriptures: Luke 1:46-55 Matt 1:18-25 Luke 2:4-5,7,16

Room 2 The Ministry
Decor: Pictures of His Ministry, video/s like show
Scriptures: numerous

Room 3 The Last Supper
Decor: basin, towel, sacrament tray
Scriptures: Luke 22:1, 14, 17-23 Matt 26:26-28

Room 4 Garden of Gethsemane
Decor: spotlighted pictures, garden setting with large paper mache stone
Scripture: Matt 26:14, 15, 36-39, 47,49

Room 5 Judgment of Christ
Decor; robe, gavel
Scripture: Matt 27:2,11-22,23,24

Room 6 The Crucifixion
Decor; Hammer, nail, cross, centurion, branch
Scripture; Matt 27:31,35-37, 40-43,45-49, 50_54

Room 7 Joseph of Arimathaea's Tomb
Decor: Linens and spice
Scripture: Matt 27:57-60, Mark 16:1

Room 8 Christ is Risen
Decor; Empty room , table with sheet to look like bed, linen folded at head or bed
Scripture: Matt 28:6, Mark 16:1-6

I was in charge of the Crucifixion room and originally the song I picked was I Stand All Amazed but when I got to the church my cd didn't work any longer. I happened to have a cd with Primary songs with me and I quickly scanned to see if any would work and I ended up using He Sent His Son. I knew that it was the more appropriate song when it made me tear up at the words. I decorated my table with a purple rode to signify the scarlet robe they put on the savior, held up with bamboo rods that were symbols of the cane they smote him with. I also had a picture of the savior on the cross (I didn't want a real cross)and I also had a wreath that was dried grape twigs that looked like thorns. I didn't realize how emotional I would be until I had to start reading my scriptures and I teared up during the whole thing and I couldn't even read the words. I made a comment afterward to sister in charge who also had the room after me that I felt like a dork for crying and she said you had to have done something right everyone arrived in her room all teary eyed. I guess I'll take that as I compliment. I think the program turned out really nice and I hope that everyone left knowing a little more about the Savior.

Lyrics:

How could the Father tell the world of love and tenderness?
He sent his Son, a newborn babe, with peace and holiness.

How could the Father show the world the pathway we should go?
He sent his Son to walk with men on earth that we may know.

How could the Father tell the world of sacrifice, of death?
He sent his Son to die for us and rise with living breath.

What does the Father ask of us?
What do the scriptures say?
Have faith, have hope, live like his Son,
Help others on their way.

What does he ask?
Live like his Son.

1 comment:

Craziest Cottrell said...

That was so touching, I think it sounds really nice. Good Job Kari, you deserve a pat on the back!