Sunday, December 2, 2007

Thanksgiving




For the first time ever, I hosted Thanksgiving. I enjoyed being the hostess and even more I got to experiment in the kitchen and broaden my cooking skills. We also had a full house, Logan and Cheryl's family were with us. We (I) cooked a great meal, ate lots of appetizers and satisfied our sweet tooth with wonderful sweet pies. I even got to use my china! So really, we just ate all day long! After dinner we played games and watched TV.

Menu:
ham (yummy)
creamy garlic mashed potatoes (really yummy)
Brussels sprouts sauteed with onion and bacon (better then it sounds)
roasted green beans and carrots with a balsamic reduction (really yummy)
Home made Honey Cinnamon applesauce (for the ham of course)
cranberry jello salad (ok yummy)

*side note: I made the best ever Sheppard's pie with the left over potatoes and roasted vegetables.

The next day, we all went to the Ft Worth Zoo and did some shopping later in the evening.

1 comment:

Craziest Cottrell said...

That sounds so good. (Don't tell anyone that I said this, but it may be loads better than the Thanksgiving we had)