Thursday, November 8, 2007

Mouse in the House

Olivia has found that she can go into the pantry and help herself to treats. For the most part, this isn't a problem and actually is helpful if I can't get to her when she asks for something. But things have started to change.... the bottom two shelves have become "animal habitat" (the plastic variety) and if Olivia gets up in the middle of the night or very early, she goes and empties the pantry of treats. Lately we have woken up to food in the living room and the TV on. I guess she's entertaining in the night, her guests must be the dogs??? There have been many times lately where I've been sleeping and have a bag of chips or crackers hit me in the face with a voice yelling, open please! To solve the problem I bought a flip lock, attached high enough so that she can't figure it out (which I'm sure she could, if I let her!)

1 comment:

Craziest Cottrell said...

I hate it when they totally wake you up for no good reason. Doesn't that kid know how to use scissors? That is so annoying, the precious little sleep that I get is more important than a bag of chips. Pat on the back for installing the lock. HA HA, olivia is so funny.