Sunday, October 5, 2008

Malaki-2 months


Malaki has decided that he wants to be big and has decided to grow this month! Per my scale, he's 9 1/2 pounds this last week but I won't see his md for another week to confirm. Malaki continues to work on his rolling over (has been doing it since he was 2 1/2 weeks old), has discovered that he can be vocal and when he's happy, can be found to be cooing and such, really entertaining himself. This last week, he has started to smile in response to someone/something and not just random smiles any more. Olivia likes this because he smiles in response to her talking to him, she thinks that is the greatest thing her little brother does. And the most crazy thing that my little boy has done was have a tooth break the gum line this morning. Because of the cleft, I'm not sure what tooth it is or if he will keep it (it's common for cleft kids to have extra teeth, or loose them early and mostly wrong placement)but it seems to be the left sided eye tooth. I am no longer pumping as of this last week, so he's now on formula full time. I'm a little sad but I'm just glad that formula is an option and that he can continue to grow and be strong. Malaki also had his first visit to the zoo this week, he pretty much slept the whole time, of well, there's always next time.

3 comments:

Miss Sue said...

2 Monyjs already? and such great big eyes!! Cutie.

Craziest Cottrell said...

Oh my gosh, post all at once why don't ya! I love the pictures of Kai. He is getting really big. I can't wait to meet him. I am also glad that Tomas is working again. You look good and the family is so cute. I want a picture of your front yard when you get a chance. I love holidays!

Gilbert Family said...

Kari! He is so beautiful! He has your eyes and Tomas' features. so cute! you guys are such a strong and faithful family. i still remember when you came in for facials when i was at Skyline. Long time ago! you are so great! take care. hope you love love love Texas! i have never been there, might need to take a trip sometime!