Thursday, September 18, 2008

Happenings

I've decided that I'm going to use this blog as a journal and not only do photo updates on our family but document the happenings of our family. The past year has been a year of growth and change but we wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. We may not have been born in Texas, but we feel like we are home. We moved our little family of 3 from San Bruno, California to Justin, Texas in June of 07. It's a very small farming community north of Fort Worth. We were fortunate to be able to buy a very nice home that we though was huge (compared to our 2 bedroom condo in ca)until we saw our neighbors houses, now we feel kind of small. Since being here, we have met lots and lots of great people, there is some truth to "southern hospitality". The biggest change has been the welcoming of our son Malaki. He's a very sweet baby that was born with a cleft lip and palate and it only makes him that much more special to me! Olivia is a big girl of 3, who loves preschool, her friends, church, her puppies and all she wants in life is a pony and a kitty. Daddy has only said yes to the pony, once we buy some land (some day). Right now our current trial in life is Tomas is out of work but we know it won't last forever. I'm enjoying being a stay at home mom. I joke that I don't like to be called a house wife because I don't like keeping a house, just my kids, so I only refer to myself as a stay at home mom! Most importantly, I have learned this past year; that my Heavenly Father knows me individually, that prayers are answered, miracles do happen, callings are blessings in disguise, a ward family can be just like your biological family and we are truly blessed- with faith, everything is possible.
"When you are working for the Lord, the obstacles in front of you are never as great as the power behind you" - author unknown

No comments: