Friday, August 8, 2008

Malaki Tomas Mendoza




Malaki joined our family on Tuesday, August 5th at 7:23am. He weighed in at 6 pounds 7 ounces and 18.5 inches long. The c-section wasn't as bad as I thought it would be and the recovery was even easier then I thought. Malaki was born with a complete right side (unilateral) lip and palate cleft. It looks bad but it doesn't stop him from eating. Everyone in the hospital was very impressed that he was already putting away an ounce per feeding! When Olivia met him, she was so excited to see her baby brother and she looks at me and says, wow mom, he makes baby noises. Very cute! She is a little mommy already and helping with the bottle, changing diapers and lots of holding little Malaki or Ki for short.

5 comments:

Carrie said...

He is a beautiful baby...lots of a hair, no conehead - the c-section babies always come out looking the best! I like "malaki" too, good choice!!

Craziest Cottrell said...

He is so sweet! Congratulations, I can't say it enough, we are so proud to have two cottrell cousins so close together! Less than four weeks apart, good job!

The Toodles Gal said...

He's perfect, perfect, perfect!!! I'm so glad we got to see him in the hospital. Please let me know if you need anything. Smooches...Toodles~~K

Miss Sue said...

Congrats!! He is perfect! Malaki is a good strong name. Good choice. But the only thing I noticed is no picture of the hard working beautiful Mommy! LOve you!

Jenna said...

I just realized we had babies 1 1/2 weeks apart! Fun! ...now for making that pizza... (: