Monday, October 29, 2007

Jaws


I knew this day might come and it has, Olivia has officially become Jaws. She bit a little boy in nursery. I was so embarrassed and she just laughs when you get after her about something. How do we discipline a child that laughs at you? or if you spank her, she tells you that you have to say sorry because it's what we make her say when she hits? Being sent to her room does do something, at least she then stops laughing. She's been a hitter since the say she was born and it continues to be a battle to help her see that it's a problem. All the drama of being a parent and I'm dumb enough to think I want more kids???????

1 comment:

Craziest Cottrell said...

What are you doing up at 6:22 am? I am sorry that she is so mouthy, that biting is a problem. What happens if you bite her back? Don't read this and think that I am a bad mom. You have to do it immediately after they bite, and preferably when no one is looking. So that you won't further embarrass yourself. It worked with Audrey and JJ. But the other, less physical response is, "Do I bite you? Does Dad bite you? Does anyone bite you?" And when all of the answers are no, then you say, "Biting is wrong, and that is why we don't do it." Then your usual time out, or something like that. I don't know what to do about the hitting, accept be consistent. JJ is turning into a real hitter too. Very physical, especially when he is excited, never really because he is mad. I think that makes it harder. Good luck1