Monday, March 8, 2010

Photo anyone?

Many of you know that Tomas and I have a photography business and it's really Tomas's baby, I'm just the support staff. I do like helping him set up the shots and at least to me, I think I'm more help then hindrance. I do like picking up the camera and taking a few but I always shoot in full auto and really it's a hit and miss of what I produce. A few weeks back Tomas did a wedding and he handed me a camera (he set it up) and I just snapped away and I actually got a few great shots. And so the passion was born and I finally gave in to Tomas and agreed to take his photography class that he's been teaching at a local Parks and Rec. Our first lesson was on aperture, controlling the iris of the camera. In a nut shell, creating an isolation of a subject in a photo. We have all seen great shots of a person, or a flower and everything around it is fuzzy or out of focus. I walked around for 2 days and in my mind took some great shots but here are the ones that I turned in to my teacher :)

2 comments:

calmrapids said...

Those are awesome pictures! Good for you!

Miss Sue said...

Hope you got an A!