Tuesday, September 1, 2009

August Recap

Summer of 2009 went by so fast, especially the last month of August. We started the month with Malaki's birthday (see previous post)& we had the Angeli's and some friends join us at Jump Zone, finished the swimming lessons and ended with me being sick.

*cute cake a friend made for Malaki's birthday


*this boy loves cake!

Olivia took 6 weeks of swimming lessons at the local Parks & Recreation and had a blast! The last 2 weeks Logan joined her. They kept trying to graduate her to the next level but she kept demoting herself back to level 1. I think it's because level 1 played lots of fun games and was in 2 feet of water. On the last day of each session (Olivia got to do this 3 times) they turn on the water slides and just have a fun day. For this day, level 1 kids are suppose to wear life jackets but because Olivia knows how to swim, they let her take hers off.





Mid August I was diagnosed with an ectopic pregnancy. I didn't realize how serious or painful it was until I did my research. I'm doing much better now but it really took me a long time to feel like "myself" and my OB says that it'll be over before I know it. As of right now I have to go into the office for weekly blood draws to check my hormone levels, I can't wait for this part to be over.

And because today is September first, it's the first day of preschool. Along with some moms from church we are doing a co-op preschool. The bad part, 10 kids, good part, my first turn isn't until January. Wish me luck!


4 comments:

RachelFlores said...

Olivia looks adorable with her backpack. I'm sorry about your pregnancy, I hope you are feeling better soon!

Carrie said...

I didn't know about your pregnancy, I'm so sorry! Let me know what I can do...I know I'm not a great babysitter right now but I'm always good for a meal!!

Miss Sue said...

Olivia looks so sweet. But dont forget to take soem time just for you. You need it right now. Luvs

Craziest Cottrell said...

I love the carpet pose! She is so funny! Happy birthday Malaki!