Friday, March 21, 2008

Easter Party

Olivia hosted an Easter party for her friends yesterday. It's spring break out here so our numbers quickly grew, once you say yes to one older sibling, you have to say yes to them all! Our numbers ended up with 20 kids and 9 adults, thank goodness I have a huge backyard and it was a nice sunny day. We started off making "baskets" to collect the eggs, I purchased small gift bags in different colors and had the kids decorate them and put their names on them. Next we had lunch, it was pot luck, so I made Leslee's recipe for meatballs and I had chips and salsa. Other families brought fruit, sandwiches and other types of dips. Then the egg hunt began... I had figured 7 per kid, so I had 140 eggs and I hid them in my living room and outside. One of the mom's brought extra, so there was plenty of eggs, candy and in fact Olivia and Logan kept finding some after the kids left. Of course I was so busy being hostess that I forgot the camera, so no pictures. And for the very last part, I made little pails with Easter grass and candy for the kids to take home. I think it went pretty well for having so many people in the house. Now I have to start planning Olivia's birthday party.

Side note: today was our 4 year anniversary and we celebrated by taking the kids to Dickey's BBQ. We're in Texas you know, BBQ is every where....LOL

No comments: